MEXICO - The Secretariat of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (SAGARPA) has created an Executive Committee for Productivity of Hogs in order to develop the potential of this activity in the country.
According to the document published in the Official Journal, the Commission will be responsible for reviewing, proposing, analysing and assisting in the implementation of actions to increase production and productivity of the Mexican pork industry.
The Commission is composed of officials from the SAGARPA and representatives of the productive sector.
This synergy between producers, organizations and local and federal authorities will create a strengthened sector and encourage cooperation.
The Commission shall have the following specialized working groups:
1) Supply of inputs for competitiveness;
2) Association for production;
3) Standards, Animal Health and Food Safety;
4) Incentive Programs and Operating Rules;
5) Foreign Trade;
6) Marketing and Supply Chain Integration
7) innovation, training and technology transfer
TheMeatSite News Desk