Tyson Foods Creates New Posts for Strategic Growth20 November 2013
US - Tyson Foods has several new leadership positions to support future growth in its domestic and international protein and prepared foods businesses.
The move aligns with the company’s stated long-term strategy, which is to accelerate growth in the international, poultry and prepared foods arenas through innovation and services while cultivating the best talent in the food industry.
“We have produced exceptional results since fiscal 2010 and are poised for substantial future growth,” said Donnie Smith, president and CEO. “These new positions will bring focus to our growth platforms, reinforce our operational excellence and give our team members broader experience in our company. This further demonstrates our commitment to cultivating and retaining top talent.”
Several new senior leadership positions will report to the CEO:
- President of Prepared Foods, Customer and Consumer Solutions - Donnie King, currently senior group vice president of poultry and prepared foods
- President of Poultry - Noel White, currently senior group vice president of fresh meats
- President of Fresh Meats - Steve Stouffer, currently senior vice president of beef margin management
- Group Vice President of International - James Young, currently group vice president of international
- Executive Vice President of Strategy and New Ventures - Hal Carper, currently group vice president of R&D, logistics and technical services
- Executive Vice President of Program Management – Russell Tooley, currently senior vice president of corporate and international human resources
“Separating our poultry and prepared foods businesses will give us sharper focus in two critical, expanding areas,” Smith said. “I’m excited that Noel White, a proven leader in our fresh meats business, is moving to Arkansas to run our poultry business. And I’m equally excited that Donnie King will devote his considerable talents to our growing value added foods business and creating an integrated sales and marketing organization to deepen our relationships with customers.”
Two new leadership positions will report to the president of prepared foods, customer and consumer solutions:
- President of Prepared Foods – Wes Morris, currently group vice president of consumer products
- President of Sales and Marketing and Chief Commercial Officer – Devin Cole, currently group vice president of foodservice
The following senior leadership positions will continue to report to the CEO:
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer - Dennis Leatherby
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel - David Van Bebber
- Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer - Ken Kimbro
- Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs - Sara Lilygren
The new leadership positions are expected to be fully in place by the end of the company’s second fiscal quarter in March 2014.
TheMeatSite News Desk